A couple of weeks ago I stated that I had an assignment to complete; an Islamic assignment. I wanted to report how I was doing on it so far. Here were the things I was supposed to be working on and where I stand as far as progress is concerned:
- Learn a new Surah: Done. Now it’s time to learn another one. It’s really true that the Quran is easy to learn. I’m finding out that you just need to make the time and put in the effort. Allahu Akbar!
- Increase Nafl Salaah: Doing it. Pretty soon I will be increasing the rakahs from 2 to 4, insha’allah.
- Keep plugging away at the Seerah I’m reading: I’ve faltered somewhat. I was doing good for a week and now I can’t remember when’s the last time I picked it up.
- Keep thinking, reviewing, reflecting, and making du’a: Still doing it!
- Pay back the last day of Ramadan that I owe: *sigh* I haven’t done it yet. Why is it so hard?
I’m sure I will eventually have a new list but first I’ve got to check everything off of this one. And of course, the journey won’t end until the day someone’s reading my Janazah. But mashallah, doing these things is really helping me spiritually. I’m making progress and getting back on track. Alhamudlillah. The best thing is to remain consistent…