20 romantic ways to show your sweetie you care no matter what the occasion.
By The Nest
Valentine’s Day, First-Date, Anniversary, Tuesday — when you’re in love, just about any day is a perfect excuse for sparking romance. Any time you feel the need to connect with your sweetheart, these ideas are perfect — no holiday necessary.
More from The Nest
1. Stuff a little love note in your sweetie’s pocket, sock, or shoe. For maximum impact, try email.
2. Secretly load a photo of the two of you as the desktop wallpaper on your honey’s computer.
3. Burn a CD with tunes from your dating days and include your first dance (or favorite) song.
4. Buy a heart-shaped cookie-cutter and use it to make toast the next morning.
5. Look up the date of the next full moon and celebrate with a champagne juice/soda/water toast.
6. Learn to ice skate or in-line skate together. This works best when both of you are beginners — the more clinging to each other, the better.
7. Hate basketball and your main squeeze is addicted to it? Get tickets to a game. Despise musicals? Surprise your sweetie with tickets to a show. Go against the grain, and endure with grace and cheer.
8. Spend the day at a museum, holding hands.
9. Forget breakfast in bed. Have dinner in bed (and don’t worry about the crumbs).
10. Go to bed early. No books, no magazines, no remote control.
11. Tell a secret — it’ll bring you closer.
12. Create your own [juice] cocktail together. Then make up a name for it by combining your two names.
13. Write “I Love You” on the steamy mirror while your beloved is in the shower.
14. Go to a bookstore or music store together, then split up. Your mission: Buy something you know your sweetie will love. Then, wrap and exchange. (I like this one!)
15. Have a picnic. It doesn’t have to be outdoors, it can be on your living room floor. (I like this one too!)
16. Absence is an aphrodisiac. Spend a weekend without each other (substitute your best pal, your sister, your old college roommate) and plan to meet back at your place after 48 hours apart.
17. Teach each other about something the other knows nothing about. He can teach her all the rules of chess, or how to make a perfect omelet. She can teach him ten phrases in French and how to use the digital camera. (How about Quran?)
18. Get away from it all close to home — spend a night in a very luxurious hotel or cozy bed-and-breakfast in your own city. (I like this one!)
19. Get dressed together — choose each other’s attire (for work, for dinner out, whatever). Then, later, get undressed together.
20. Find your sweetie’s car in the parking lot and tuck a love note under the windshield wiper.