- I took the 35W bridge yesterday. I thought I would be freaked out about being on it again but I didn’t. I’m actually happy it opened up early. It’s the fastest connection to the halal store and to the masjid I’ve been attending for Iftar and Taraweeh.
- I’m excited because my husband is coming for Eid, insha’allah. I haven’t seen him since May. Can you imagine? This whole long distance thing is starting to wear on me. Insha’allah he will make his permanent move soon. (Hopefully, before winter). I’m tired of being here by myself…
- How many times in a day must I become enraged by reading the news? I was scrolling through the MSNBC site and came across this story. Basically, Israeli security forced a Black (Alvin Ailey) perfomer to dance. But there’s more! He was singled out because of his Muslim name- Abdur-Rahim Jackson. I was through when he said that they told him he should change his name. UGH! Guess I won’t be making a trip to Israel any time soon, LOL.
- Since I’m trying to listen to more Quran, I have been on the look out for a really good Qari. Alhamdulillah, I found one in Sheikh Muhammed Jebril. I get chills when I listen to his recitation of the Quran. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Rhapsody has a couple of his recitations. Naturally, I’ve put them on my mp3 player. Yay! Insha’allah I want to order the complete set of his recitation.
- I aslo want to order this movie from the Islamicbookstore. It’s about a Muslim man who is trying to be a pilot and the challenges he faces as a result. It’s called “On a Wing and a Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly.” It looks pretty interesting.
Here’s the trailer: