-I am so sick of the feminization of today’s men. I’m not on some ole 60’s version of men and women’s roles but this madness has got to stop somewhere. My gripe is with fashion. For instance, dudes in skinny jeans- NO! DON’T DO IT! Men in low rise jeans- NO! (Okay, anybody in low rise jeans with their butt crack hanging out- stop the foolishness). What’s with men and the long, pressed out, flat-ironed do? Or the curly do they sport after taking down their braids? The other day this dude was trying to holler at me (don’t ask!). His hair was slicked back in a ponytail and braided (kinda like my mom used to do my hair when I was a little girl). EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! So here it is, Jamerican’s personal gripes with men’s fashion:
(1) Long hair unless you have locs. (I am obviously referring to Black men here. Though I don’t like long hair on any man). White dudes and locs? Uhh…no!
(2) Men with their ear(s) pierced. I especially hate the men with two big, blinging earrings in their ears. Give your grandmama back her earrings and stay out of her jewelry box!
(3) Skinny jeans and men.
(4) S-curl and other curl kits. Especially when said man is trying to pass it off as being “natural.” NEGRO PLEASE! Just fade your junk and be done with it.
(5) The sagging, wet baggy pants. I watched a guy trying to jump over a snow bank while his pants were sagging…not a pretty or safe sight. It was a good laugh though!
(6) Grown men with cartoon characters on their clothing. Seriously…
(7) Grown men with braids and beads in their hair. Really?
(8) There is a whole line of F.O.B. clothing I could get into but that’ll take all day. Let’s just say tapered jeans and New Balance sneakers are not the lick.
I’ll stop there…
-One fashion I do like is the Black Man Mohawk. (Sorry for using him as an example but it’s the best I could find). I’m sure some Muslims probably think the do is unacceptable.
-And while I’m at it, I am really trying to be as tolerant of really conservative Muslims as I want them to be of me. More often than not that means staying quiet unless they’re trying impose their views on me. I’m just on something different right now. Yeah, I could use an iman boost (we all could) but I have no intention (insha’allah!) of returning to the glory days of ultra-conservative Muslim thinking. My mind won’t even bend that way. I’ve changed and some people can’t accept it. They think I’ve fallen off…And you know what? I don’t even care. So, how do you deal with Muslims of other Islamic interpretations when they’re pushy with you?
-I’m in need of some new nasheeds. Not Arabic or acapella nasheeds. Some new hip hop nasheeds. *sigh*
-I’m struggling to complete the 4 days of fasting I owe from Ramadan. Insha’allah I’m going to fast tomorrow. My nafs would like otherwise. I hope my intention wins out this time. (I was supposed to be fasting last week).
-I went shopping again this weekend. I am so excited that wide leg pants and jeans are back in style. I need to stay out the stores though. I think I’ve been shopping every weekend for the past month. After I get a pair of black heels and patent leather flats then I’ll call it off, insha’allah. This weekend I successfully found a purple cardigan and completed this outfit:
PURPLE PASSION - by Jamerican Muslimah on Polyvore.com
I need to stop inspiring myself…lol!
-Speaking of weekend, alhamdulillah, the weather was nice. I was out yesterday and today with no coat on, just a light jacket. I heart spring…
-Anybody like my new ring tone?
-I need a vacation. Insha’allah I’m thinking something within the U.S. (can’t really afford anywhere else right now). Some place on the east coast. Any sisters want to host me? I’m cool as long as you don’t have roaches. 😉
Gosh, I’m sleepy…it’s only 5:30pm. *sigh*