As much as I love structure, order and routine I have realized that it’s time for me to get “out there” and try some new things. I’m tired of the same ole same ole. I have decided to do the following, insha’allah:
- Take a Capoeria or martial arts class. I found a Capoeria class that is $5 per class. The only thing is that it’s at 10AM on Saturdays. (Not a good time for someone who hates getting up in the morning- especially on a Saturday). But $5? Wow.
- Make a visit to one place per year that I’ve never been to before. For some reason I’ve always wanted to see Rhode Island. Yes, I know there’s probably nothing to see over there but I need to take the little excursion just so I can satisfy my curiosity.
- I want to go on the game show “Moment of Truth.” I’m not sure if I’ll actually do it or even if they would accept me but I think about it all the time. As you can tell, I have NO PROBLEM talking it plain. (Hmph)
- Not back down from a task just because I find it cumbersome. (Sometimes I have a tendency- depending on the task at hand- to give up). Insha’allah I will perservere even if it something I really don’t want to do but is beneficial for me (or some else) in the long run.
- Take a class on Sunni Path
- Find a way to get my “Halal hustle on.” With the rising food and gas prices I think it’s a good idea to cash in on some of the skills I have. After all, Allah gave them to me. As it stands, I’m thinking about what I can do…hmm…